Monday, May 07, 2007

jo hijacks the blog

Greeting! It's Joanna and I am highjacking the blog. I thought all you dj dread fans would want another update, so here are some excerpts from Wade's email today:

I am in Siem Reap (tourist town closest to
Angkor Wat temples) and my net connection is awesome
but my keyboard sucks. It's like playing a really old
piano where you need to hammer each individual key
down really hard just for it to do anything.

phil, l. and dj dread at angkor watt

Yesterday we had lunch at a great Thai place.
In the afternoon we prepared for our time in
S'ville. I taught my usual balloon ninja skills.
Then we gave all the balloons away to the
neighbourhood kids so of course in a few minutes their
was a small riot in front of the house. It was
pretty funny.

This morning we left at 6 am for Siem Reap. The bus
was air conned but no leg room. Our driver is also the
slowest driver in all of Cambodia, which i think is
rather ironic. We stopped at a 'rest stop' and Phil
bought a bag of toasted crickets for everyone to try.
I ate a BBQ'd tarantula again. It was a lot bigger
than the one i had last year, and was honestly tastier
and way better than the crickets.


last year's tarantula

We had about 3 1/2 hours to see the temples. we saw
Angkor Watt ( the biggest one) and ta phrom (the jungle
one) everyone really loved it. Phil took a bunch of
pictures of me in [my utili] kilt so I can try and win a free
one. because we are in a tourist town We took
everyone out for pizza for supper and we are going to
a breakfast buffet before we leave tomorrow. We are
definitely in everyone's good books right now.


Soph, dj dread & the utilikilt

Tomorrow we go to Sianookville and we will be in the
bus for at least 11hrs, maybe 15 the way our driver
seems to take his time. There is no leg room so
please pray that I don't go insane.

The dread sensei probably will be out of touch for the rest of the trip, but returns home on the 20th...stay tuned! Love Joanna

No comments: