Monday, January 26, 2009

Taco Adventures

Over New Year's we were in San Diego to attend a wedding. Being the culturally sensitive types that we are, we had to search out some amazing tacos. Our friends Craig and Kay Charlotte hooked us up at their favorite place, Taco El Gordo.
Eleanor rockin' the quesadilla

Sophia drunk on taco awesomeness

As you can see from the pictures, Eleanor and Sophia ate their faces off. I decided to walk on the wild side and promptly ordered one heart taco, one brain, and one tripe.
The heart taco was surprisingly plain and boring.
The brain taco was bland and mushy. If you have texture issues, you should definitely steer away from this one.
But the tripe taco was AWESOME. It was a little bit crispy, full of flavor, and every time I bit into it, my tongue did a Mexican Hat Dance. Ole!

So next time that you visit your local taqueria, why don't you grab some cahones, be a man, and chow down on the spicy intestine. Make me proud, y'all.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Damn it Wade-I thought you were going to give me taco receipes-

Angela Oliver said...

I'm pretty sure I've been there...to that exact El Gordo's!!! Funny

Rick said...

Cool, you're posting again!
I ate a beef heart once...it was okay.

They Saved Hitler's Brain...and made it into tacos? :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for variety meats.