Sunday, January 06, 2008

Green Tea Martini

Hey friends, I haven't posted for a long time, well, umm, ahh, you see... I just didn't want to. It felt too much like work and I am the boss of this blog!... so there! I cooked all sorts of amazing things, I even wrote things down and took some pictures but.... I guess the tyranny of the grind of life had me down for a little while. I think I am a little better now. Work hasn't been quite so busy and I have recovered from the Christmas psychosis (which did include the traditional Pallister family celebration turducken. I promise to tell you more about that later. Remind me.) Having said that, I have managed to take some time off and relax. So tonight I whipped up some tasty beverages for me and my hot wife, Joanna, and I thought that I would share my not so secret recipe with you. Joanna calls it the Kimono Remover because... well, um, ah, actually... Nevermind why she calls it that. That is none of your business, so lets move on to the recipe, shall we?

the Kimono Remover
1 cup strong brewed green tea
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
juice of 1 lime (save zest and a few slices for garnish)
2 - 4 shots sake according to taste
1 tablespoon simple syrup
lots of ice/ cocktail shaker/ martini glasses

Brew green tea with fresh ginger. Cool tea and chill shaker and glasses. Once tea is cool, combine in shaker with other ingredients. Shake, baby, shake. Shake it like your butt is on fire. Or if that doesn't work pretend that you are having a seizure. Or you could crank some Sigue Sigue Sputnik and pogo until you drop and are bleeding. By that time the drink should be sufficiently mixed.

Strain into chilled glasses and garnish with lime slice and zest.
Kampai!

2 comments:

philter said...

bonus points for getting Sigue Sigue Sputnik on the post. Wow, I was just talking about them with Ben last week. Maybe they are just about to make it big.

Leanne said...

you know, as much as i respect your judgement, i think i'm going to sit this one out. sake is not my fave, and i really don't like green tea. the combo....probably not happening. but i think you're wicked cool and i finally posted as well.