Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ultimate Mega Extreme Wings of Death

My brother-in-law is staying with us and he is a hockey fan. Quite frankly, I could care less about hockey but I love Matt and tonight I made him hot wings to enjoy while watching the game. I personally think that these are THE BEST FREAKIN' HOT WINGS I HAVE EVER MADE! ...and believe me, I know my way around raw meat and hot fat.

Coating
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon powdered smoke
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour
1 batch of chicken wings

Sauce
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons whiskey
1 cup of your choice of hot sauce
(I suggest 1/2 cup Tabasco Chipotle, 1/4 cup Tabasco Habanero, 1/4 cup SriRacha Rooster)

Mix dry coating ingredients together in a large plastic bag. Add wings and shake to coat. Deep fry in small batches for 8-10 min. Meanwhile add all sauce ingredients to saucepan mix and heat. Pour sauce over wings and toss to coat.

If you want wimpier wings, use a lame hot sauce or just go to Earls with your tail between your legs and never read my blog ever again. If you want hotter wings, then you are my kind of people and you should use more Habanero and / or add 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper to the coating.

7 comments:

Wayne Shauan said...

DJ Dread

Dude, looks and sounds great!! But what the heck is Powdered SMOKE? Also you have pepper listed twice, is there a difference in the pepper? Marty is here in NC with us this week and we want to try this NOW!!!

Your the man!! Love ya!

Your brother

WAYNE

Sandra Vander Schaaf said...

I think I'd be more of a hockey fan if games were consistently accompanied by wings like these! With that much heat in his system & a Canucks win to boot, I bet Matthew's feeling better now!

djkilt said...

Wayne,

So awesome to hear from you! Sorry about the typo, I meant 2 tablespoons of flour for the coating and I have corrected the recipe. Powdered smoke is just an MSG laden, yummy chemical concoction. You should be able to find it at any bulk store that sells spices. Or you can use hickory salt or something like that.

If you want to get even more hardcore you can inject the wings (using a BBQ injector syringe or just a big-ass horse needle) with a combo of half Sriracha, half apple cider vinegar and let them marinate for 2 - 8 hours before deep frying. Yum.

Stu Bish said...

Dude, you know i'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to hot stuff. I'm just thinking what one cup of hot sauce would do to me the next day.... HOWEVER, if they are around one day, and I happen to be around, I'll give em a whirl and report back.

i'm NOT going to earls (well maybee if I feel like some bad service perhaps) and I'm not striking your blog off google reader, you're stuck with me. I may even have some more links for you soon....

Stu

Ryan said...

I NEVER thought you would ever reveal this recipe!!!

is nothing sacred anymore!?

wade... thank you, cause you know ill use this!

Mary said...

WADE!

I just found your page thru Chris in YWAM Modesto---

How are you! I was thinking of you and Jo lately---I miss you guys...I am hoping to be in Vancouver this summer.

djkilt said...

Mary,

Whazzup, girlfriend. So glad to hear from you. Give us a call when you're in the 'Couv.