Friday, January 26, 2007

Honey Dijon Carrots

Sophia actually preferred these carrots over the lamb. I don't think she has learned that carrots aren't cute yet. Oh well, I ate her lamb. Everyone wins!

Ingredients
bunch of carrots cut as you are so inspired
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper

Boil the carrots until they are almost done but still crisp. If you are English, this might be incredibly difficult. (Sorry Bob, Helen, Gill, Paul, Ralph, Rachel, Ray, Tina, Peter, Henri, Heidi, Paul, Serena, and all of Joanna's family. Please tell your countrymen to stop boiling the crap out of their veggies.)
Drain the water and quickly add the butter, Dijon, and honey so that everything melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yum. God save the Queen, the facist regime.

3 comments:

philter said...

keep em coming bro. You are the tastiest friend I have.

Gunner Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larph said...

whattheheck, google/blogger/etc keeps siging me in with anyone that's used my computer @*%$!!

Ummmm where was I... oh yes "...she aint no human bein... I mean it, maa'm..."
quite correct in your anglo-vegetative-culinary-observations there, wade.
i go to my mums on sundays and she does a new thing with carrots where she parboils them and then roasts them with the spuds - Yum!