Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Beautiful Day for a Heart Attack

The other day I whipped up this tasty little a.m. treat because I was starving after being awake most of the night with my superdaddy duties. If you have a heart condition or any other medical problem, I highly suggest that you stop reading now lest you fall into greasy temptation.

Ingredients:
1 fresh Portuguese bun
Dijon mustard
mayo
sliced fresh tomato
1 fat, fabulous sausage (chorizo or something of the like)
2 slices bacon
1/2 small onion, sliced
1 potato grated or leftover baked potato deskinned and chopped
2 cloves of garlic
handful of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 egg, whipped with fork
a few slices of cheese
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce

Start by frying the sausage and bacon in one frying pan. In another pan, slowly fry the onion and garlic in a splash of oil until soft and buttery. Keep meat and onions warm in oven. Fry potato into hash browns with oil and garlic. Once browned, toss in parsley. In other pan, pour in egg and sizzle into omelet, add slices of cheese on top. Meanwhile slice open bun, do the mayo and mustard thing, and add tomato, maybe a bit of fresh ground pepper. Now comes the fun part. Carefully remove cheese omelet from pan. Wrap sausage and bacon in the omelet like a burrito. Place into bun. Ladle up fried onions and hash browns. Add a splash of hot sauce and warm up the defibrillator. Consider yourself warned.

5 comments:

Chris Whitler said...

I'm totally gonna try this...and the smokey martini thing. Ahh yeah...

I also like to start my mornings with a nice, simple "toad in the hole" or as some call it "egg in the nest" and nothing less than aplle wood bacon will do for me my friend...mmmm!

Chris Whitler said...

I mean...er...APPLE wood...

Larph said...

dude, saw this and immediately thought of you...

Tim said...

Mr. Pallister. This would not be the first time you have educated me in the secret art of sausage sandwiches. I was on the first DTS in Vancouver, back in 2000 (with Mr. Parsons as well). While we were staying at a church in London (I believe we played soccer in the back yard at one point) you blessed me with the knowledge of this divine combination. I am eternally grateful for this gift.

Tim said...

k, am I tripping out, or is there another Ben Parsons than the one that I was on a DTS with?